Mozilla released Firefox v24 today, the latest version of their Firefox browser.
While there aren’t a lot of changes from Firefox v23 to v24, at least not in the desktop version, there is a really handy new feature called “Close Tabs to the Right” that you may end up using on a regular basis, assuming you’re a Firefox power user like I am.
- Windows XP SP2
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
Please note that while the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7 can be used to run Firefox 24, only 32-bit builds of Firefox 24 are supported at this time.
- Pentium 4 or newer processor that supports SSE2
- 512MB of RAM
- 200MB of hard drive space
- Mac OS X 10.6
- Mac OS X 10.7
- Macintosh computer with an Intel x86 processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 200 MB hard drive space
Please note that Linux distributors may provide packages for your distribution which have different requirements.
- Firefox will not run at all without the following libraries or packages:
- GTK+ 2.18 or higher
- Glib 2.22 or higher
- Pango 1.14 or higher
- X.Org 1.0 or higher (1.7 or higher is recommended)
- libstdc++ 4.3 or higher
- For optimal functionality, we recommend the following libraries or packages:
- Network Manager 0.7 or higher
- DBus 1.0 or higher
- HAL 0.5.8 or higher
- GNOME 2.16 or higher